Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways
Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways is one of the latest Megaways games to be released (April 2019) and is made by Blueprint Gaming using the Megaways licence from Big Time Gaming. Featuring up to 15,625 pay lines Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways offers the chance to land some massive wins.
Fishin’ Frenzy is an extremely popular online slot in the UK and one of the most played slots in UK bookmakers and this new twist should only improve on the game, shouldn’t it?
This Fisherman couldn’t catch a cold
Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways has all the ingredients of a great slot – slick graphics, catchy sounds, pretty unique bonus game with massive win potential and just a slightly different feel to most other slots, however the game just simply fails to deliver when it comes to big wins.
The bonus round is a lot of fun, well at least it should be, but it’s just so lacklustre and it so often fails to deliver anything worthwhile. You can also buy the bonus from the offset at a cost of 100x your bet, which is a HUGE risk on this slot as we have played TONS of this game and it struggles to even return your investment most of the time, let alone return a decent profit – even when you land 4, 5 or 6 scatters it just struggles to get to any considerable win size.
Pros / Cons
- Great sounds and graphics
- Popular bookies slot is familiar to a lot of people
- The bonus round is just too disappointing too often
- Very high variance, not good for small bankrolls
Fishin Frenzy Bonus:
- The Free Spins bonus is triggered by getting at least 3 fishing boats on the reels at the same time. 3 scatters awards 10 free games, 4 awards 15 games, 5 awards 25 free games and 6 awards 50 free games.
- On the reels are special Fish symbols that have an amount attached to them, the smaller the fish the smaller the prize (x2 to x50) attached to them. These fish symbols also act as scatters that can pay all ways, so landing 3 on consecutive reels will award a prize, the more there are and on more reels, the bigger the prize.
- During the bonus game, Fisherman symbols are added to the reels and they are also wild. The idea is to land as many fish symbols on the reel at any time and at least one fisherman symbol as then he will reel in all of the fish and you win the amounts attached to each fish.
- Imagine, a screen full of fish and 2 fisherman drop in – you collect each amount twice – the payouts could be huge! Yep, keep imagining, because it just never happens.
Everything about this game should be great, you actually want to really like it, but the truth of the matter is that it’s simply no good. The Fisherman just hardly ever lands, or when he does there are barely any fish on the screen. Buying a bonus and only getting 3 scatters almost guarantees you’ll be losing money, we are sure that the potential is in here somewhere and there probably is a mega big win to be found somewhere, but we won’t be playing this long enough to find out.